Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The No-Daytime-TV Project: day #1

I have decided that I will not be watching TV before 5:30 pm. I feel like it just sucks away my time. Hopefully, I can get more done and find some more peace for my nerves. Also, Abby is already watching too much for my liking. I will be documenting the process and hopefully, this will be an opportunity to improve my state of mind.

So, it's the morning of day 1 and I'm feeling a little crazy. I have this urge to go turn on the TV even though I know there is nothing on. I've done an hour of work, listened to lots of Pandora, posted some pictures, and surfed some forums, and now I'm stumped. There are other things I can do, I am just drawn to the TV and the couch. I know this will change and soon the habit of reaching for the remote will be replaced with something else. It's just so quiet in here...

1 comment:

  1. Have you filled out Abby's baby book yet? Organized your junk drawer? Cleaned out the refrigerator? Taken a walk? Tried a new recipe? The mall has always been my place to kill time and people watch! Soon the tv will just be boring to you :)

    ReplyDelete