Monday, October 25, 2010

One Woman vs. Two Babies

I have to admit that being a mommy to twins always held a certain mystique to me. One baby is so beautiful and precious, so the more the merrier right? I am not deluded anymore. And all it took is a mere two hours this afternoon.

My sister-in-law drove down this way for a job interview and I graciously offered to watch her 2 month old baby girl. The afternoon started off beautifully. Both babies were sleeping and I was able to continue on with my chores. Ma-Kay-Kay woke up first. She was a little fussy, but after some rocking and a bottle she was happy again, until Abbers woke up.
Right before the sympathy breakdown...

It was a free for all. How do you soothe two crying babies when you only have two arms? A boppy pillow and a snuggle bear. My child normally doesn't take a bottle, but today it worked well enough to tide her over. While I rocked my little niece to sleep.


One baby plus one baby might make more than twice the noise, but the satisfaction that comes from making two babies happy is worth all that work. I love Makayla, I love Abby, I love being an Aunt, and I love being a mommy... to one.

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure one baby plus one baby somehow makes four times the noise, not sure how the math works out but somehow it seems to multiply ;) Sounds like you are all over the twin thing! Well done mama!!

    ReplyDelete