Monday, November 15, 2010

Abby Oakley: Halloween Costume Tutorial

I'm playing some blog catch up. Life is crazy right now, and always.

But! I wanted to share how I made Abby a costume on a budget and a time crunch. I think she turned out darn tootin' cute.

The idea started with the hand-me-down of a cute embellished onesie made by my cute and creative friend, Jeanne. (Here's her blog, Bubsies Boutique.)


So all I needed were the accessories. I had seen a costume cowboy hat headband in Michael's complete with yarn pigtails. It was cute, but I knew I could do better.


I got a kids cowboy hat from the Party Store. It was the most expensive part of the costume but it was only 7 bucks and I have a feeling it might be part of costumes and pretend in years to come. I made the pigtails from some left over yellow yarn. I laid it out and cut the strands all the same length. I tied it in the middle and taped it to the inside of the hat. I then braided the ends, fastened it with some rubber bands and tied on some red ribbon.


I dressed Abby in the onesie, some tights and sweater for toasty toesies and the hat made the outfit complete. She was ready to ride off into the sunset and party the night away. I'm really loving all of these holidays as a parent. Celebrating with a kid can make everything so much more fun. And I think the first Halloween was a big success.

No comments:

Post a Comment